Friday, January 25, 2013

Good ol' days


I found this when I was cleaning out my closet last weekend. Along with it were probably a hundred notes folded perfectly into little squares addressed to "ASHLEY ONLY."

I randomly opened one here and there and found words about petty arguments, crushes, and sometimes nothing at all. Some were crafted carefully with each sentence written in a different color gel pen, while others were simply written in black ink. Then there were the ones with the code names we had for each other with words like "bubbles" and "Virgy" a part of them.

But the thing about them that I found most appalling was the vocabulary -- apparently we thought that "coolio" and "kewl" needed to be used as much as possible. Oh, and we can't forget about "wazzup?"

It's a crazy thing to be able to look back on who I was and how I acted when I was 13 or 14. The things I found important or detrimental are silly to think about now. And then it makes me wish that things now could be as easy as things were then.

You never realize how good you have it when you're a kid until you grow up. And how funny it is to think that growing up was what I couldn't wait to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment